Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Get out my face!

Here is an example of what happens sometimes when you take photos. You are trying to shoot one thing but you capture something you might not have even seen at the time. It can be awesome. Here I was at a music festival a few years back shooting film of some of the concerts and other goings on. The rolls of film I shot sat a month or two before I could develop them myself in a photography class that fall.
At first glance at the negative the photo would have been a scrapper. Then I noticed this dude in the foreground right up in the other guys face. So i cropped way in on the two when I printed it. I don't know what this guy's problem was or if that was his buddy he was taunting, but to me he looks upset about something. I can imagine this guy saying "You gotta problem bro?". It is frat boys like this that make these festivals or DMB concerts suck. At least the most the dirty hippies don't have bad attitudes.
This guy's face is just priceless though. I love the candidness of this photo. This just proves that art can happen even by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment